Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Handmade Accesories

Recently, I bought a new set of earbuds - Philips|Oneill brand. I had been wanting a pair like these for a while now. Good bass, cancels out outside noise, bright colors - good stuff. Knowing that these would get a lot of use, I decided to make a small headphone pouch to keep them from getting messed up while in my pocket, bag, or wherever else they might be traveling en route with me.

As a designer and artist I get so much more satisfaction from creating things like this as opposed to going out and buying one that I feel represents me as a person. I feel the true way to do that is to make your own.

Above is the finished pouch (hand sewn, blue fabric outside, yellow fleece lining, black nylon-woven draw string). I designed it to correspond to the color scheme of the headphones. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment