Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Freitag


After years of anticipation, I finally caved in and bought myself a Freitag bag. I had wanted one ever since I found out about the company in college, upon viewing it's part in documentary film, Helvetica. Although expensive, I feel that if you want quality, your going to have to pay for it. However, I view it as a sound investment knowing that I will basically have this thing glued to me carrying my laptop, sketchbooks, literature, writing utensils - everything that I can't leave home without.


Based out of Zürich, Switzerland, it is no surprise that Freitag's products, as well as the companies identity, are designed very well.



Each bag is individually unique, for it is hand cut from truck tarpaulin. Once a piece is cut to make a particular bag, there is no other piece like it, making each bag one of a kind.

The bags are also composed of other recycled materials such as, bicycle inner tubes and car seat belts.







Even the tags are designed well,containing a product ID photo of your individualized bag, a product manual, and other additional information all in one conveniently packaged place - the tag.





As a designer, you can see why I am in love with this thing. Maybe upon reading this posting, you too will fall in love. If this has intrigued you, feel free to check out Freitag's bags and accessories >here, Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment